Friday, February 7, 2014

March of Tides

This time of year is the beginning of our busiest time. I absolutely LOVE this time of year but it always comes with a price. Birthdays upon birthdays upon birthdays within days of each other.

My sweet K turns 9 this year. Where the heck has time gone?!! She's growing into such a sweet young girl. And it needs to stop! Oh I am only kidding. I want her to grow up and experience life and just become the best K she can be. I'm so very proud of the girl that she is and continues to become. I hope she understands that one day.

The stressful part of all this....family. Everyone wants a piece of K and they all want to come and celebrate. No problem right? Well, the problem with our particular situation is that 2 days prior and 2 days after HER birthday are two birthdays that certain family members really could care less about. It is my responsibility to account for those birthdays in my planning. Being a planner, I start a month in advance. I try to be diplomatic and include everyone but I those oh so many other factors I am dealing with in our planning process are just that...important parts of our month/celebration. It's not as cut and dry and I would like and where I do love this time of year, dealing with and attending to possible hurt feelings and politic mumbo jumbo is starting to make me want to go away every year about this time and be gone for 5 days. That would be enough time. Presents can be mailed, facetime is oh so awesome so we can utilize that little piece of amazing technology, but...stay away and let us enjoy our birthday celebrations stress free. Selfish as it may seem...and I do get that it does seem that, it is the way my husband chooses to be in regard to the entire situation and (like I stated earlier with the 'non cut and dry aspect') I will respect him above any other human.

My goal right now is to deal with the planning, communicate our wishes and do my best to accommodate all parties but, to let the frustration and anxiety go. This is a wonderful time of year where we get to celebrate the miracle that is our daughter. I don't want anything interfering with that at all!

And to that end I bid you farewell. Well...you being the blank web space I occupy. No one reads this anyways!

No comments: